Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Attack of the Plug Bug

I got back to the company quarters intending to take a quick shower, and venture out to find something to eat. Instead, I decided to catch up on emails. Sitting there in my uniform, I felt something inch down my back under my shirt.

Now, as far as I know, I don't have a bug phobia. But when I feel something crawling down my back where I can't see it, it creeps me out. I sprung out of the chair and frantically unbuttoned my shirt. I was halfway done when I thought, "Screw it," and pulled the shirt over my head. I could still feel the bug, and it was big! I thought that it must be a cockroach or a really big spider.

I reached down my back and caught the offender. I brought it in front of me. It was yellow. It was an earplug.

We keep earplugs on hand at the flight line. The pair I had were attached by a cord to each other. Normally, I would drape the cord around my neck with the plugs hanging down on my chest. But, during the course of the afternoon, the plugs worked themselves around to the point that one fell down my back as I sat down at the computer.

I'm glad nobody was around with a video camera as I darted around the room getting my shirt off. I can see the YouTube title now: "Who says middle-aged white guys can't dance?"

7 comments:

Pam said...

OK, I'm in danger of falling out of my computer chair laughing!!! That is just too funny!!!

Actually, I'll have to admit I've had similar experiences where I was in actuality only attacked by every day objects. :)

Algernon said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Very nice.

Debby said...

Yeah. That's funny right there.

Kelly said...

I must admit you had my heart racing just a tiny bit until I realized what was "crawling" down your back.

Whew!

Scotty said...

Hehe, been there, done that - we must have the same style of earplugs.

:-)

The verification code was good today - qobbelea - I could almost make a poem out of that...

Bob said...

Yes I love that visual Hal.

Unknown said...

Oh Hal, you are too funny! There aren't any reports of killer ear buds are there? Hate to have a whole swarm attack you.